[Microbialecologygroup] Microbial Ecology Reading Group Summer 2023 update

Sydney Glassman sydney.glassman at ucr.edu
Fri Jun 2 11:50:23 PDT 2023

Dear all,

Today is going to be the Glassman lab meeting in Boyce 1467. Next week I
can take the lead for reading group - I would like to read this new Science
paper by Cassandra Allsup and the associated perspectives piece on it by
Michelle Afkhami. Both papers are attached and also up on my website.

Then I would like to take a 2 week break and start again on June 30. I have
put in a request for Boyce 1467 for Friday afternoons for June 30-September
15.

July we will be using to get feedback on MSA posters and and talks. Here is
the schedule. Marcos and Mia I took the liberty of signing you up for July
7 since that was the last date available. If you need to switch with
someone you can email them individually. Does anyone want to volunteer to
lead a paper discussion for June 30?
Person 1 (2:30pm) Person 2 (3:30pm)
June 30
July 7 Marcos Mia
July 14 Maria Basubi
July 21 Sydney Arik
July 28 Fabi Dylan

Let's skip August 4 and August 11 due to travel for MSA and ESA.

Best,
Sydney

--
Dr. Sydney I. Glassman