[Health Prof Adv Center] FW: Summer Resident Assistants Needed - 7/29-8/31/12
Health Professions Advising Center
med-health-careers at lists.ucr.edu
Tue Jun 5 14:17:09 PDT 2012
Questions? Please contact Dayna Moore - dmoore at ucr.edu<mailto:dmoore at ucr.edu> 951.827.4334
FastStart 2012 RESIDENT ASSISTANTS NEEDED
(July 29 - August 31, 2012)
The University of California, Riverside is committed to increasing the number of disadvantaged students who aspire to, are admitted to, and achieve success in higher education leading to outstanding health science careers. FastStart is an intensive five-week learning experience designed for incoming UCR freshmen. The program provides instruction in Math, Biology, and Chemistry, the important building blocks of a science curriculum. It also includes workshops in study skills, campus resources, ethics, and other enrichment opportunities. Perhaps most importantly, FastStart students receive critical mentoring from resident assistants who provide academic and adjustment guidance.
Resident Assistant (RA) Responsibilities:
1. Under the direction of the instructor, develop and administer tutoring sessions and study activities for Math, Biology and Chemistry.
2. Act as teaching assistant for Math, Biology and Chemistry.
3. Act as mentor and advisor to FastStart students.
4. Manage confidential and ethical issues.
5. Manage diversity issues.
6. Supervise and oversee all FastStart functions.
7. Work with other resident assistants (three will be selected) in a team environment
8. Live in the dorms with the students, being in-charge and supervising ongoing FastStart activities.
1. Tutoring experience
2. Commitment to high school students to help them achieve success in higher education leading to outstanding math and science based careers
3. Science related background (previously or currently)
4. GPA of 3.5 or higher
5. Current undergraduate senior or graduate level of college
6. California Driver's License is mandatory
7. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
8. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
1. $2,000 stipend
2. Residence Hall Room and Board for five weeks (July 29 - August 31, 2012)
3. Certificate and letter of recommendation for file
Access the FastStart RA application at http://faststart.ucr.edu/
Deadline to submit application June 8, 2012
Additional questions can be directed to Dayna Moore, dmoore at ucr.edu<mailto:dmoore at ucr.edu> or 951.827.4334.
Dayna L. Moore
Student Affairs Officer
UCR/UCLA Thomas Haider Program in
1682 SOM Education Bldg.
Riverside, CA 92521
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com<http://www.avg.com>
Version: 2012.0.2171 / Virus Database: 2425/4998 - Release Date: 05/14/12
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Med-Health-Careers