[med-health-careers] Important Information for Health Prof. Applicants for 2009

Medical & Health Careers Program med-health-careers at lists.ucr.edu
Wed May 21 15:22:14 PDT 2008

ATTENTION: APPLICANTS for 2009 ADMISSION

TO HEALTH PROFESSIONS PROGRAMS

The Medical and Health Careers Program (MHCP)
provides information and assistance to UCR
students and alumni applying for admission to
medical (M.D. and D.O.), dental, pharmacy,
optometry, or other health professions programs,
including PA, PT, and Nursing.  MHCP staff have
extensive health professions advising experience
and will assist applicants in all phases of the
admission process. Our goal is to help ensure you
have a strong, complete, and competitive application.

If you are applying for admission for 2009,
please go to the MHCP website
http://www.mhcp.ucr.edu/Applicants/Form.php and
complete the form provided.  We will then
regularly send you admissions information,
announcements about workshops and other events of
particular interest to applicants, and articles
to help prepare you for admissions interviews.
All applicants are particularly encouraged to
meet with Albert Chevez, MHCP  Director, to
review your application before
submission.  Contact him at chevez at ucr.edu to set up a meeting time.

Don't miss the UCR Career Center Last Chance Job
Fair tomorrow
http://careers.ucr.edu/events/lcjf.htm,
especially if you're looking for opportunities
between now and the time you plan to enter your
health professions program. See the information
below about one employer who will be represented at the Job Fair.

Be sure to contact us at mhcp at ucr.edu or
951-827-6233 if you have questions or need further information

Gwen Hill, M.A.
Coordinator, Medical and Health Careers Program
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, RIVERSIDE
College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
951-827-5416 direct
951-827-6101 fax
www.mhcp.ucr.edu
ghill at ucr.edu

Genoptix, Inc. is a fast-growing CLIA-certified,
CAP-accredited clinical laboratory focused
exclusively on the identification and management
of high complexity hematopathological disorders.

We will be attending the job fair at UC Riverside
on May 22nd, and are looking forward to meeting
qualified candidates for a wide variety of
openings within our lab and offices in Carlsbad,
California.   Several of these positions could be
a good fit for pre-med students and/or recent
graduates with degrees in molecular or cellular biology, including:
    * Client Services Representative
    * Clinical Services Coordinator
    * Laboratory Assistants - Accessioning and Cytogenetics
    * Clinical Laboratory Technicians - Cell Culture, PCR, Molecular Biology
    *
.. and many more

.
Please visit our website's careers section -
<file:///\\www.genoptix.com>www.genoptix.com -
and watch for us at the career fair!

The Genoptix, Inc. HR Team