[Macusers] Special price on 17" MacBook Pros....

Jacobus Kats bart.kats at ucr.edu
Tue Jun 24 16:00:40 PDT 2008

Fellow Mac users,
   I was just contacted by an inside sales person at Apple about a
potential deal.  This would be for the 17" MacBook Pro EOL (end of
life).  EOL models are models that will be replaced with newer
upgrades 'soon'.  The normal EOL price on these is $2200, but we may
be able to get them at $1699.  Apple requires a minimum quantity of 10
computers at this price.  I know that this is the end of the fiscal
year, and that some of you have the $1800 departmental money to
spend.  This is a VERY good price on the 17" model.
   If you are interested, please contact me and I'll try to coordinate
with the bookstore to get an order in.  This would need to be done
sooner rather than later, as Apple only has 600 of these nationwide.

Bart Kats
Computing & Communications