[IIGB_All] IIGB building

Katayoon Dehesh katayoon.dehesh at ucr.edu
Tue Mar 5 14:32:30 PST 2024

Greetings all;
As time swiftly passes, it leaves behind visible signs of aging and wear, affecting both our personal lives and the infrastructure around us. The IIGB is no exception. We find ourselves in need of attending to various common equipment and structural repairs to ensure the continued functionality and safety of our working labs.

I'm reaching out to request your assistance in this matter. Please communicate with your respective Chairs to explore the possibility of allocating some overhead returns or seeking assistance, especially for those in between grants, to contribute towards the maintenance of IIGB. Your involvement and support in this endeavor are crucial for sustaining our professional environment.

I have also taken the liberty of including the Dean in this correspondence to bring to his attention our urgent requirement for additional funds to uphold IIGB's status as a functional building. Furthermore, I urge you to consider including IIGB as a recipient in your grant proposals, enabling us to benefit from a portion of the overhead returns.

Ultimately, as residents of this building, it is incumbent upon us to actively participate in its upkeep and maintenance. Your immediate attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.

Be powerful

Katie

Katayoon (Katie) Dehesh
Director, Institute for Integrative Genome Biology, Distinguished Professor
Ernst and Helen Leibacher Endowed Chair in Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California, Riverside, CA 92521
Phone: (951) 827-6370;  Fax: (951) 827-5155