[IIGB_All] FW: Exploring Interdisciplinary Opportunities for IIGB

Katayoon Dehesh katayoon.dehesh at ucr.edu
Mon Nov 27 15:58:30 PST 2023

Greetings once more, and my apologies for the oversight. I neglected to include the link. Please find the link below for your input.

Dear IIGB colleagues,
The Provost and the VCRI are initiating discussions on investment strategies for research infrastructure at UCR including potential investments in IIGB. In light of this, I am eager to convene a small group within IIGB to explore the interdisciplinary prospects of our institute. Your participation is crucial in shaping the future direction of IIGB and, in advance,  I thank you for your valuable input.
https://forms.gle/84HhdXvAAFg3zaWBA

Specifically, I am interested in gauging our collective interest in developing an application for a competitive process that could potentially position IIGB as a centrally supported interdisciplinary research center at UCR. To shape our approach, I seek your insights on how IIGB can best fulfill its role as an interdisciplinary institute.
Initial considerations include:

  *   Timely and Continued Investment in Technology
  *   Faculty Recruitment
  *   Seed Grants for Interdisciplinary Research
I encourage you to share any additional thoughts or suggestions you may have. Once I've compiled your input on the google Doc that Linda Walling arranged and organized, I will circulate the collective ideas for your feedback and ranking.
I am looking forward to hearing from you if possible before Jan 2024.
Be powerful,
Katie

Katayoon (Katie) Dehesh
Director, Institute for Integrative Genome Biology, Distinguished Professor
Ernst and Helen Leibacher Endowed Chair in Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California, Riverside, CA 92521
Phone: (951) 827-6370;  Fax: (951) 827-5155

[Image removed by sender.]2023 - Exploring Interdisciplinary Opportunities for IIGB<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0AOEayGuqUewDUk9PVA?usp=notify_sd_md>

[Open shared drive]
[Image removed by sender. Google Workspace]

Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
You received this email because you were invited to a shared drive.