[IIGB_All] UCR scientists score again

Katayoon Dehesh katayoon.dehesh at ucr.edu
Fri May 19 11:46:32 PDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

I am delighted to share with you the news of two prestigious awards granted to two eminent UCR plant scientists.

Professor Emeritus Natasha Raikhel was selected for the Charles Barnes Life Membership Award by the American Society of Plant Biologists. This award is given each year to one (or two) individuals who have made distinguished contributions to research and service in plant biology.

In addition, Professor Xuemei Chen was awarded the Martin Gibbs Medal for her outstanding research.

Please join me in congratulating both awardees for their achievements and their help to highlight UCR's excellence.
Be powerful.
Katie

Katayoon (Katie) Dehesh
Director, Institute for Integrative Genome Biology, Distinguished Professor
Ernst and Helen Leibacher Endowed Chair in Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California, Riverside, CA 92521
Phone: (951) 827-6370;  Fax: (951) 827-5155