[IIGB_All] Reminder: Early Career Scientist Symposium Abstracts Due Friday March 31

IIGBadmin iigbadmin at ucr.edu
Tue Mar 28 08:56:46 PDT 2023

Dear IIGB Community,
The UC Riverside Postdoctoral Association (RPA) and IIGB jointly organize the 2023 Early Career Scientist Symposium, which is scheduled to take place on Friday, June 9th, 2023.
 The RPA-IIGB Symposium is scheduled to take place on Friday, June 9th, 2023, at the Genomics Building on the UCR Campus in Riverside, CA. The objective of this symposium is to give postdocs, visiting scholars, and graduate students opportunities to share their work with the community and gain experience as disseminators of knowledge. The Evaluation Committee will select 8 postdoc talks (15 min talk + 5 min Q&A). The poster session is open to all graduate students, visiting scholars, and post-docs.
 Prizes for best talk and posters will be awarded. Postdoc oral presentations will provide financial support for research in the amount of $500 for the best presentation, $300 for the second-place winner, and $200 for the third-place winner. These awards will be transferred to the winner's department for research-related expenses, including conference travel. In addition, three $75 gift cards will be given as awards for the poster presentations. These awards aim to recognize and reward outstanding academic research and presentation skills.
Kindly note that pre-registration is mandatory. Lunch will be provided for speakers and registered attendees. Please register and submit abstracts here: https://forms.gle/V8qDzrUGxh6eyS5m8.
 The deadline for abstract submissions is March 31st, 2023 and the deadline for registration is April 30, 2023. Questions can be directed to myself or Angela Chen, copied on this email.
Since its foundation in 2014, the RPA has been actively promoting the visibility of postdoctoral scholars at UCR and within the Riverside community. UCR postdoctoral scholars represent a diverse group of over 350 individuals with an impressive research impact. We believe that promoting the interaction of the Postdoc community within the UC system will enhance the impact of our work and honor the departments in which we work.
Thanks for your time and consideration,

Sincerely,
Lin Chen on behalf of the RPA board
Symposium Director, RPA