[IIGB_All] Genomics Core new NGS Platform: NextSeq 2000

Wei Zhang wezhang at ucr.edu
Mon Mar 13 12:33:02 PDT 2023

Dear Genomics Core Users,

We have recently upgraded our Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) equipment
with the addition of the new NextSeq 2000 sequencer
<https://www.illumina.com/systems/sequencing-platforms/nextseq-1000-2000.html>
.

The NextSeq 2000 Sequencing System is an integrated system that includes
instrument hardware for the automated generation of DNA clonal clusters by
bridge amplification and sequencing, an on-instrument computer, and
integrated control software for sequencing run control and primary
analysis. There are three types of flow cell options
<https://www.illumina.com/products/by-type/sequencing-kits/cluster-gen-sequencing-reagents/nextseq-1000-2000-reagents.html>,
the P1 (100 M reads), P2 (400 M reads), and P3 (1.2 B reads), available
with outputs of 27-300 Gb per run. The multiple-run configurations
accommodate a wide variety of NGS projects with fast speed. For example,
the P3 can generate up to 1.2 billion reads per run, which is nearly three
times than the NextSeq 500 high output kit. Unlike the large-scale,
multi-lane sequencing system (i.e., NovaSeq 6000) where users have to wait
to fill all lanes, the NextSeq 2000 allows researchers to purchase the full
flow cell without lane sharing and directly sequence and generate the data
after library prep.

Please contact us for details: gencore at ucr.edu

*NGS services are available @ Genomics Core.*

MiSeq