[IIGB_All] FW: Faculty position open at USC

Benjamin K Terao benjamin.terao at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 7 08:44:23 PST 2023

Dear IIGB,

Dr. Sladek would like to share the following opportunity with our community.
Begin forwarded message:

________________________________
From: "Farnham, Peggy" <Peggy.Farnham at med.usc.edu<mailto:Peggy.Farnham at med.usc.edu>>
Subject: Faculty position open at USC
Date: February 1, 2023 at 11:44:54 AM PST
To: "frances.sladek at ucr.edu<mailto:frances.sladek at ucr.edu>" <frances.sladek at ucr.edu<mailto:frances.sladek at ucr.edu>>

Dear Frances
Our department has recently posted an opening for an Assistant Professor/tenure track or Associate Professor/tenured; I have attached the announcement flyer to this email.
BMM faculty use cutting-edge technologies and novel experimental systems to define the mechanistic aspects of cancer initiation or progression and/or to develop target-specific inhibitors that can reverse the pathogenic symptoms of cancer or other human diseases. I have attached a brief summary of the research focus for each of our primary faculty but I also want to point out that we have a large number of secondary faculty in our department; the entire list of primary and secondary faculty can be found at https://keck.usc.edu/biochemistry-and-molecular-medicine/faculty/.  I also want to note that research collaboration at USC is not strictly departmentally based, but extends throughout the campus. The faculty in our department are members of the Genomic and Epigenomic Regulation (GER) program in the USC/Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center (https://uscnorriscancer.usc.edu/genomic-and-epigenomic-regulation-program/);  the BMM faculty have collaborations with GER faculty from many other departments.
 As indicated in the attached flyer, candidates can apply to this position at https://usccareers.usc.edu/job/los-angeles/assistant-or-associate-professor-of-biochemistry-and-molecular-medicine-tenure-track/1209/42981944208.

I would appreciate it if you could pass this information along to anyone you think might be interested.

Take care,

Peggy Farnham
--
Dr. Peggy Farnham
William M Keck Professor of Biochemistry

Carol Muñoz | Administrative Assistant (Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine)
Phone: (323) 442-0330
carol.munoz at med.usc.edu<mailto:carol.munoz at med.usc.edu>

Lucy Balian | Administrative Assistant (Health and Biomedical Science Education)
Phone: (323) 442-3168 (temporary)
Lucy.Balian at med.usc.edu<mailto:Lucy.Balian at med.usc.edu>