[IIGB_All] The latest

Katayoon Dehesh katayoon.dehesh at ucr.edu
Fri Oct 21 11:48:05 PDT 2022

Greetings all,
Just a brief note to update you on the following on going efforts toward improving the infrastructure of IIGB, and the enhancement of collaborative efforts:

1: CNAS and campus have graciously agreed to fund the badly needed upgrade of the current AV system in the auditorium. This crucial upgrade will enhance and improve our ability to use zoom for the teaching, seminars and meeting purposes.

2: The aging autoclave are in constant need of repair and hence the IIGB will use part of its operational budget to replace them, albeit not all at once.  Depending on the price we may have to spread this replacement over couple of years, but it will be done.

3: We have accumulated a budget deemed for seed grants to support collaborative efforts between IIGB labs (two or more) with projects that will use the core facilities, i.e. metabolomics/proteomics/genomics and bioinformatics.  More information on this front will be sent to you as soon as we can.

Other than that, I wish you a wonderful weekend

Be powerful

Katie

Katayoon (Katie) Dehesh
Director, Institute for Integrative Genome Biology, Distinguished Professor
Ernst and Helen Leibacher Endowed Chair in Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California, Riverside, CA 92521
Phone: (951) 827-6370;  Fax: (951) 827-5155