[IIGB_All] BPSC/Corteva Symposium _ Wed May 25th

IIGBadmin iigbadmin at ucr.edu
Thu May 19 08:03:14 PDT 2022

Dear IIGB members

I am reaching out to call your attention to the BPSC/Corteva Symposium that will take place on Wed May 25th starting at 10 AM.

The BPSC graduate students have assembled a great set of speakers from the esteemed to rise postdoctoral stars. Some of our speaker’s talks may be of interest to you or your labmates and I would sincerely appreciate you passing this information on to them. See the table below.

Any one who is interested in attending all or part of this virtual can email me (lwalling at ucr.edu<mailto:lwalling at ucr.edu>). We will be sure to forward them the link to the symposium next week.

If you are already a member of the Plant Biology Graduate program or BPSC Department, you will receive this information directly.

Many thanks

Linda Walling

Time
Speaker
Title
10:00 AM
Taylor Beaulieu
UCR, Botany GSA
Introduction
10:20 AM
Dr. Rex Bernardo University of Minnesota
Yermanos Lecture
Plant Breeding in Times of Change
11:20 AM
Dr. Logan Kistler
Smithsonian
Ancient DNA perspectives on plant domestication
12:10 PM
Lunch Break

1:00 PM

Dr. Jon Reinders

Corteva Agriscience
Enabling Maize Microspore Embryogenesis Using Machine Learning
1:50 PM
Dr. Patricia Lang
Stanford University
Studying developmental responses to climate change with functional historical genomics
2:40 PM
Short Break

3 PM
Dr. Dan Chitwood
Michigan State University
Perspective matters: a topological view of plant morphology and training in computational plant science
3:50 PM
Short break

4:00 PM
Dr. Mitchell Feldman
UC Davis
Genomic Prediction and Other Approaches for Redesigning Strawberry Breeding
4:50 PM
Taylor Beaulieu
UCR, Botany GSA
Symposium closure