[IIGB_All] Passage of time

Katayoon Dehesh katayoon.dehesh at ucr.edu
Fri Jul 1 10:15:54 PDT 2022

Greetings all,
It is hard to believe that today is the first of July, and that the academic year has ended and with that the responsibility of Xuemei as the interim director of IIGB.
Words are not powerful enough for me to express my thanks to Xuemei's gracious acceptance of the responsibility, and her tireless efforts to administer the place and to secure federal and campus lottery funding for the purchase of a number of instrumentation for the genomic core .  Due to her efforts our genomic core will soon be on par with all the other UC campuses, and hence ready to accept new challenges and your current and future samples for analyses.
Please join me and thank Xuemei for her leadership carried out with much determination and power, but as always in a Xuemei' s non assuming style.
I am fortunate to be able to work with colleagues such as Xuemei. Thank you again Xuemei for the power.
Have a great 3 day weekend.
Katie

Katayoon (Katie) Dehesh
Director, Institute for Integrative Genome Biology, Distinguished Professor
Ernst and Helen Leibacher Endowed Chair in Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California, Riverside, CA 92521
Phone: (951) 827-6370;  Fax: (951) 827-5155