[IIGB_All] Plants3D August Newsletter

IIGBadmin iigbadmin at ucr.edu
Mon Aug 1 16:37:09 PDT 2022

Plants3D Newsletter

View this email in your browser<https://us20.campaign-archive.com/?e=__test_email__&u=3b3cee074afadeee01d0676d9&id=2cf8d85b4c>
[Logo]
Plants3D August Newsletter
[https://dim.mcusercontent.com/cs/3b3cee074afadeee01d0676d9/images/20ab5e85-4501-2c1b-c09e-95ebbb0849df.jpg?w=564&dpr=2]
Eva Ottum's Internship at the Berkeley Lab

Pictured: Plants3D Fellow Eva Ottum with Plants3D Co-Director Ian Wheeldon.

"I've always wanted to visit Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, the lab on the hill. Now I'm here, not only visiting but researching what I'm passionate for. Everyone is so bright, helpful, and friendly. I'm so grateful for my mentor and Plants3D for helping me make the most of this incredible opportunity."

Interested in a STEM internship? DM us:
Our Twitter!<https://twitter.com/Plants3D>
[https://dim.mcusercontent.com/cs/3b3cee074afadeee01d0676d9/images/ca713550-97a2-c512-fe4c-2928ca734de9.png?w=564&dpr=2]
Isaac Diaz's Internship at Pairwise

Pictured: Plants3D Fellow Isaac Diaz.

"This summer I learned about all of the pieces that need to come together to create a successful AgTech company. While working with the genomics and data science team, I have made direct contributions to their gene discovery pipeline. I was encouraged to see that my training in the Seymour lab has prepared me to address significant challenges faced in plant genomics."
[https://dim.mcusercontent.com/cs/3b3cee074afadeee01d0676d9/images/35283f9d-c6bf-6b5c-92c3-663f4b0bbbfe.jpg?w=564&dpr=2]
Alex Borowsky and Taryn Dunivant at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory

Pictured: Alex Borowsky with CSHL Students.

Plants3D Trainees Alex Borowsky and Taryn Dunivant participated in the Cold Spring Harbor Frontiers and Techniques in Plant Science course this July. The three-week intensive course involved lectures and lab practicals with visiting professors from around the globe. Alex was there as a teaching assistant after taking the course in 2019, and Taryn participated as a student in the course. The Sean Cutler lab and Julia Bailey-Serres lab contributed to the course consisting of 15 students and 3 TAs.
[Website icon]<https://plants3d.ucr.edu/>
[Twitter icon]<https://twitter.com/plants3d>
[Logo]

Copyright (C) 2022 Plants3D at UCR All rights reserved.