[IIGB_All] HPC/python RNA-seq analysis workshop that may interest bioinformaticists

Jennifer Douglas jennifer.slocum at ucr.edu
Thu Mar 18 14:12:09 PDT 2021

From: Eve Wurtele [mailto:evewurtele at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2021 8:32 AM
To: Katayoon Dehesh <katayoon.dehesh at ucr.edu<mailto:katayoon.dehesh at ucr.edu>>
Subject: HPC/python RNA-seq analysis workshop that may interest bioinformaticists

Hi Katie,

Some in your center may be interested in the hands-on
workshop in reproducible, python platform, RNA-Seq data analysis in an HPC environment that we are holding in conjunction with our COV-IRT Symposium.  We have just started publicizing today.  I have attached a flyer.
 It's using COVID data as an example, but is actually completely species agnostic, and we routinely use it for a variety of plant species.

best,
Eve
--
Eve Syrkin Wurtele, Professor     515-708-3232 (cell)  441 Bessey Hall,  Iowa State Univ.
homepage<https://www.gdcb.iastate.edu/people/eve-syrkin-wurtele>     Publications<https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=8dM4Cj0AAAAJ&hl=en>   Meta!Blast computer game<https://www.metablastcell.com/>

"Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time." E.B. White 1943