[IIGB_All] The IIGB cores

Katayoon Dehesh katayoon.dehesh at ucr.edu
Tue Jun 29 08:04:53 PDT 2021

Greetings all,
Just a quick update on the IIGB cores:

1: Metabolomics

We have identified Haiyan Ke as the replacement for Alyssa who left to join the impossible food in the bay area.  Haiyan will start next week.
Amancio de Souza the new core coordinator has received his visa and should be able to come to US very soon, I believe he will be joining us in 2 weeks.
Due to upcoming renovations the metabolomics core will be relocated to MRB1, at a yet to be determined date, but in a month or two.

2: Bioinformatics
The Position was advertised, and the interviews are ongoing.  I hope we have a viable candidate in few weeks.

 3: Genomic core
As you were informed Matt Collin accepted a position at QIAGEN, and as such this vacant position will be advertised soon.

4: Proteomic core

Nathan informed me on Friday that due to his family move to a distant location from Riverside he will be searching for other positions closer to his new home. Therefore, today we will begin with the rehiring process.

It has been a tough couple of months, but I am certain that we will prevail and with the relocation and the new guard in place the core will be able to cater to your needs, especially after the relocation, a process that may cause some delays in the services.

 Be powerful

Katie
Katayoon (Katie) Dehesh
Director, Institute for Integrative Genome Biology, Distinguished Professor
Ernst and Helen Leibacher Endowed Chair in Botany and Plant Sciences
University of California, Riverside, CA 92521
Phone: (951) 827-6370
http://iigb.ucr.edu
http://kdehesh-lab.ucr.edu