[IAWP - TC] Monday Musings, today!

IAWP iawp at ucr.edu
Mon Mar 13 07:10:48 PDT 2023

Greetings IAWP TCs~

TODAY will be our monthly Monday Musings meeting!

A month ago, the CDC released a statement “U.S. Teen Girls Experiencing Increased Sadness and Violence.<https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2023/p0213-yrbs.html>” The report “raises urgency to invest in schools as a vital lifeline to help struggling youth.”

Since this report was released, several news articles have arisen:

>From PBS: Teenage girls experiencing record high levels of sadness, violence and trauma, CDC says<https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/teenage-girls-experiencing-record-high-levels-of-sadness-violence-and-trauma-cdc-says>

>From New York Times: Teen Girls Report Record Levels of Sadness, C.D.C. Finds<https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/13/health/teen-girls-sadness-suicide-violence.html>

>From Time: Teens Girls Are Facing a Mental Health Epidemic. We're Doing Nothing About It<https://time.com/6255448/teen-girls-mental-health-epidemic-causes/>

And many more…

Let’s talk about this report, what we are seeing in classrooms, and how we can support our students.

We will meet through Zoom from 4:30-5:30pm.

Here is the zoom link:

https://omsd.zoom.us/j/86486838900?pwd=VS90bS9QdXRxd1ljWVQ3Q2Z4dTNRdz09

Meeting ID: 864 8683 8900

Passcode: 466915

Feel free to “bring” a colleague that you would like to introduce to our community.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Deanna Manker

IAWP Co-Director