[Hrtrainingnews] Professional Development Monthly - Fall 2023 (Oct/Nov/Dec)

Hrtrainingcontacts hrtrainingcontacts at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 3 09:09:14 PDT 2023

[cid:image001.png at 01D9F5D3.651FAEA0]

News

UC Learning Center Corner

Log into the UCLC learning management system at https://ucrlearning.ucr.edu/

Impact23 Training - Recently added courses
Over the summer the Impact23 training team added additional eCourses to their training library, including:

[cid:image031.png at 01D9F5D9.4AC73D60]

Kuali SP: Proposal Development<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D646654%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>: This training course aims to familiarize you with the fundamental steps of proposal development in Kuali Research. It has been specifically designed to enable you to gain practical experience using the system.

[cid:image032.png at 01D9F5D9.4AC73D60]

Oracle: Requester<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D648094%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>: This course walks through the requester role, including how to create various requests, PI approval, and understanding the end-to-end procurement process.

[cid:image033.png at 01D9F5D9.4AC73D60]

Procurement Card (PCard) Training<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D652690%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>: This annual training is required for cardholders and Department Card Administrators (DCA), and is highly recommended for the Financial Officers that oversee card transactions. If you make purchases on behalf of UC Riverside and are not already a cardholder, you should apply for a Procurement Card (PCard) as soon as you complete this training.

For more Impact23 training, look for the library topic on Finance Administration and Practices<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/libraryShare?TopicId=3364&TopicName=Finance%20and%20Research%20Systems&SearchText=&SortField=Name_Sortable&SortDirection=desc&domain=14>. Library subtopics are available with activities broken out by role. Check the Impact23 project website<https://impact23.ucr.edu/training-0> for the latest news and information about the implementation.

[cid:image034.png at 01D9F5D9.4AC73D60]

[cid:image035.jpg at 01D9F5D9.4AC73D60]Registration Demo Video

A new demonstration video around the registration process is now available in the Registration & Fees<https://ucrlearning.ucr.edu/learner-guide#registration-fees> section of the online Learner Guide available on our support website. The six-minute video covers:
*           Course registration with vs. without a fee
*           Blocked registration messages
*           Registering for online activities, including parent activities such as Topics

[cid:image036.png at 01D9F5D9.4AC73D60]

[cid:image037.png at 01D9F5D9.4AC73D60]

Messages - Access a list of notifications sent to you by the UCLC

You may view email notifications sent to you by the UC Learning Center learning management system by going to the Self > Learning > Messages menu. We recommend regularly checking your messages in this way if you are not receiving emails from the UC Learning Center. You may also find recent Messages listed at the bottom of the Learner Dashboard.

Upcoming Programs and Classes

EOD Programs, Courses, and Classes
Course
Date
Cost*

Franklin Covey's Leading at the Speed of Trust

Trust has been identified as the most critical competency for today's leaders. It affects everything you are trying to accomplish. Learn how to develop, restore, and extend trust with the team you lead.
Registration Deadline: 10/15/23

10/31 - 11/2/23

$203

Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D652349%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

Franklin Covey's Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Ignite Everyone's Intelligence

Learn how to be the kind of leader who brings out the best in people, a leader who expects great things from those they work with, and who drives them to achieve extraordinary results.
Registration Deadline: 11/09/23

11/20 - 11/21/23

$203

Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D652334%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

Franklin Covey's Unconscious Bias: Understanding Bias to Unleash Potential

Unconscious biases are how our brains compensate for overload which can inhibit performance and lead to poor decision-making. Learn how to be aware of and address biases so you and your team can thrive, increasing performance and engagement.
Registration Deadline: 11/20/23

11/28 - 11/29/23

$203

Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D652337%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

Franklin Covey's 6 Critical Practices for Leading a Team

This workshop will equip you with the skills and tools you need to be an even better leader and manager of your team. The session will focus on how to get work done with and through others.
Registration Deadline: 11/20/23

12/05 - 12/07/23

$203

Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D651662%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

Note: a late session admission, 30 minutes after the course has begun, will not be given course credit and may incur program or no-show fees.

Leadership Learning Corner
Topic

Execution

Execution of goals is something that can make or break a team and can define their success.  However, it can be hard to execute our goals and strategies.  Learn about the execution traps.  Want to learn more?  Enroll in 4 Essential Roles of Leadership.

YouTube Link<https://youtu.be/iG13hC9PduE>

ComPsych Personal Development/Work-Life Workshops
The following workshops are offered at no cost:
ComPsych Workshop Topic
Date
Time
Gratitude: A Skill for Happier Living
10/05/23

1 - 2 PM

Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D613173%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>
Bringing Out the Best in Others
10/19/23

1 - 2 PM

Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D613174%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>
Secrets to Self-Motivation
10/26/23

1 - 2 PM

Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D613175%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>
Difficult Conversations During Times of Unrest
11/09/23

1 - 2 PM

Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D613176%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>
Loving...YOU: Boosting Self-Esteem and Acceptance
11/16/23

1 - 2 PM

Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D613177%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

Campus Spotlight

[cid:image013.png at 01D9F55B.DC112340]

R'Pantry

R'Pantry provides emergency non-perishable food, personal hygiene, household care, and childcare items to both undergraduate and graduate students experiencing food insecurity. We also connect Highlanders to on-and-off campus food resources and provide programs and workshops that improve health and wellness.

The R'Pantry is going mobile! Every other Wednesday of the quarter we will provide grab 'n go bags near the Bell Tower from 11:30 am -1:30 pm.  *Bags will be limited - first come, first serve*

R'Pantry Site<https://basicneeds.ucr.edu/rpantry>
Staff Assembly
Upcoming Announcements and Events

[cid:image038.jpg at 01D9F5D9.4AC73D60]
UCR Staff Assembly invites all UCR staff to participate in our Halloween Costume Contest. The contest is open from Monday, Oct. 2 - Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2023.

[cid:image039.jpg at 01D9F5D9.4AC73D60]
UCR Staff Scholars, Are you a UCR staff member who:

*                  is considering returning to school and doesn't know where to begin?

*                  is pursuing an education while juggling your job?

*                  completed your studies while working?

Then join the UCR Staff Scholars, which connects staff members balancing their careers with higher learning. We connect on the third Tuesday of each month to share experiences, insights, and inspiration. We also provide resources to successfully navigate your educational journey.

Would you like to learn more about UCR Staff Scholars or join our community? Join us to learn more by visiting UCR Staff Scholars<https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9XneKPKotecddt4>

[cid:image040.jpg at 01D9F5D9.4AC73D60]
UCR Staff Assembly Fall Quarter General Meeting, Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2023, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM. Please join us for our Fall General Meeting with special guest speaker, Alex Najera, Associate Vice Chancellor / CHRO.

We will also celebrate our staff service milestones, share info on our upcoming events for the Fall Quarter, and take some time to celebrate our staff. This event will be hybrid, with the in-person part held at the HUB 302 and the online part hosted on Zoom.

[cid:image041.jpg at 01D9F5D9.4AC73D60]
UCR Lead

Boost your professional skills and career trajectory with UCR Leaders of Excellence and Distinction (LEAD)!

As a UCR staff member, you're invited to participate in FREE events, workshops, certificate programs, and leadership opportunities throughout the year. You'll be inspired by the insights and skills shared by campus leaders and industry influencers. You'll also build your network, meeting other UCR staff members from a broad range of units across campus.

Get involved with UCR LEAD today! Check out our upcoming coming events<https://lead.ucr.edu/upcoming-events> and signature LEADERS of Excellence and Distinction Certificate Program<https://lead.ucr.edu/certificate-program>. Then connect with us via our mailing list and social media platforms: Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlead/>, LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/ucr-lead/>, and YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/@ucrlead7476>.

Performance Review / Working Remotely

[cid:image042.jpg at 01D9F5D9.4AC73D60]

Communication

Learn to clearly and effectively share information, use appropriate mediums for communicating, and learn to actively listen.  LinkedIn: Core Competencies - Communication<https://www.linkedin.com/learning/collections/enterprise/1~AAAAAAGOzVo=779217?shareId=a0590507-d2ed-465f-82e6-654a8787e1cb&accountId=26135898&u=26135898&success=true&authUUID=erVW2cu6S4ShMD6NSDEBgw%3D%3D>

[cid:image043.jpg at 01D9F5D9.4AC73D60]

Remote Work

UCR Strives to be an employer of choice, providing flexibility in line with today's workforce needs.  Remote Work Resources<https://hr.ucr.edu/employee-resources/remote-work>

[cid:image044.png at 01D9F5D9.4AC73D60]

Need training now? Visit LinkedIn Learning, via R'space,
to take advantage of UCR Curated collections

Questions? Please contact EOD at HRTrainingcontacts at ucr.edu<mailto:HRTrainingcontacts at ucr.edu>

*                  Get to Know the Employee and Organizational Development (EOD) Team<https://hr.ucr.edu/eod-team-members>.

*                  Personnel Policies for Staff Members (PPSM 50) - Professional Development<https://hr.ucr.edu/document/ppsm50-professional-development>.

*                  Need assistance with course fees? Apply for a Staff Assembly Professional
Development Scholarship. Visit their website for more information: https://staffassembly.ucr.edu/scholarships.

*                  Missed an issue of the Professional Development Monthly? Visit the Professional Development Monthly webpage<https://hr.ucr.edu/employee-and-organizational-development/professional-development-monthly>.