[Hrtrainingnews] Call for Applications – Building Core Supervisory Competencies Program

Hrtrainingcontacts hrtrainingcontacts at ucr.edu
Mon Aug 7 09:26:03 PDT 2023

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D9C911.7B3ECAC0]
August 7, 2023
To:
HR Training News List Members

From:
Employee and Organizational Development

Re:
Call for Applications – Building Core Supervisory Competencies Program

Call for Applications – Building Core Supervisory Competencies Program

Applications due:  Deadline Extended to Friday, August 25, 2023 | 5:00 p.m.
Program orientation:  September 14, 2023
Program Cost: $649
The Building Core Supervisory Competencies Program (BCSC) is best suited for employees with two to five years of supervisory experience** who want to develop a broad range of skills and competencies that enhance their ability to lead and engage others.
The program focuses on critical competencies such as communication, conflict management, and establishing your leadership philosophy.  Electives provide instruction in other leadership areas. All aspects of the program emphasize participation and practice, using self-assessment inventories, discussions, and small group exercises.
Here's what past participants have to say about the program:
 “The leadership qualities I was able to gain and develop, inform all of my decisions and have truly changed me as a leader and a person. I highly recommend this program to those who would like to develop different leadership perspectives and make meaningful connections with cross campus partners.”
“This has truly strengthened me as a leader and has contributed greatly to what I have to offer my department and the campus. I am incredibly grateful for the experience and colleagues I have been able to connect with and learn from.”
“We each walked away with tangible skills that we’re putting to practice in our offices, and also a wider network of collaborators, committed to fostering professional development and promoting diversity and inclusion across UC Riverside.”
“Not only did the trainings give me insight and tools to what it takes to be a competent supervisor, but I also learned much about UCR that I did not know – in spite of being on campus for more than 15 years.”
Program Components (subject to change)
A full schedule with dates and times will be provided during orientation.  Session topics are below.  Topics and order are subject to change.  Most sessions will be virtual, based on instructor schedule.

  *   Orientation
  *   Session #1: 7 Habits for Managers - Part I
  *   Session #2: 7 Habits for Managers - Part II
  *   Session #3: Ethics
  *   Session #4: Situational Leadership
  *   Session #5: Communication
  *   Session #6: Conflict Management
  *   Session #7: Emotional Intelligence
  *   Session #8: Program Wrap-up / Presentations
Application Requirements

  *   Completed application<https://hr.ucr.edu/document/building-core-supervisory-competencies-program-application>, including the supervisor's signature.
  *   Applicants should currently have the full scope of supervisory duties (including supervision of at least 2 FTEs) or must be in a title code allowing the performance of the full scope of supervisory duties.
  *   Please include an COA for recharge of program fees with your application.

For more program details, including program application, please visit the Employee and Organizational Development Certificate Programs website.<https://hr.ucr.edu/employee-and-organizational-development/leadership-skills-development/building-core-supervisory-competencies-program>
Please email your applications to Seana Nunez at seana.nunez at ucr.edu<mailto:seana.nunez at ucr.edu>.
**Individuals who are new to the supervisory role are encouraged to complete the UC People Management Certificate Program (available online via the Learning Management System).