[Hrtrainingnews] Professional Development Monthly - October 2021

Jorge Sanchez jorge.sanchez at ucr.edu
Fri Oct 1 07:59:21 PDT 2021

Working Remotely[cid:image007.png at 01D7B69A.3D1FC4F0]

October 2021

Working Remotely / Return to Campus - Helpful Resources
October marks the beginning of the UCR fall quarter and the move to expanded in-person teaching, research and residential services. In addition, many staff employees are returning to a combination of hybrid work schedules offering both remote work and in-person options. While we look forward to the return to campus and enjoying the interaction with colleagues and participating in the myriad of activities prior to the pandemic, there will be new guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our community.
In this edition of the Professional Development Monthly, we would like to offer information and resources that you will need in order to be prepared for a safe and smooth return to campus.
Working in a Hybrid Environment

*        Campus Return<https://campusreturn.ucr.edu/>

*        Daily Wellness Check Survey<https://campusreturn.ucr.edu/wellness-check>

*        Face Covering Policy<https://humanresources.ucr.edu/ucr-face-covering-policy>

*        Return-to-work Parking Information<https://transportation.ucr.edu/rtw>

*        Remote Work /Telecommuting Agreement<https://heretohelp.ucr.edu/document/work-life-form-telecommuting-agreement>
*        HR Coronavirus - COVID-19 Information and Resources<https://hr.ucr.edu/front/coronavirus-covid-19-hr-information-and-resources>
Coronavirus (COVID19) - LinkedIn Learning Topics

*        What's Next - Reinventing Work in the New Normal<https://www.linkedin.com/learning/what-s-next-reinventing-work-in-the-new-normal/what-s-next-managing-flexibly-with-remote-hybrid-teams?u=26135898>

*        Change Management Foundations<https://www.linkedin.com/learning-login/share?account=26135898&forceAccount=true&redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Elinkedin%2Ecom%2Flearning%2Fchange-management-foundations-10041380%3FshareId=e57586ee-aeba-4197-a95c-4d6d2c801e3f>

*        Managing Organizational Change for Managers<https://www.linkedin.com/learning/managing-organizational-change-for-managers/welcome?u=26135898>

*        Change Management Tips for Individuals<https://www.linkedin.com/learning/change-management-tips-for-individuals/change-is-inevitable?u=26135898>

*        Improve Your Hybrid Workforce Skills<https://www.linkedin.com/learning/paths/improve-your-hybrid-workforce-skills?shareId=726240f4-4e0c-4f9c-aea7-3999c8b931a4&accountId=26135898&u=26135898&success=true&authUUID=32vXJF3cQsSnsBVTHNg7Vw%3D%3D>
*        Supporting Your Team as Offices Reopen<https://www.linkedin.com/learning/paths/supporting-your-team-as-offices-reopen?shareId=f9237c05-0f96-47d1-9d77-1f91dba7cb57&accountId=26135898&u=26135898&success=true&authUUID=UE9FsAXFSc2BzkAt74MUIQ%3D%3D>

UCR Open Enrollment is coming soon
This year, Open Enrollment will begin on Thursday, October 28, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. and will end on Friday, November 19, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. To help you make the best benefits enrollment decision for you and your household family members, the HR Benefits team will be hosting events and information including: Virtual Benefits Fair, Virtual Open Enrollment Help Desk, an Open Enrollment website and much more. Be on the look out for more information about Open Enrollment which will be provided through email communciations to the campus later this month.

Featured Training

Managing the People Side of Change
Thursday, October 7, 2021 | 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
For Managers | Supervisors / Individual Contributors
The Prosci ADKAR Model is a goal-oriented change management model that guides individual and organizational change. ADKAR is an acronym that represents the five stages people must move through to adopt a new way of doing things - Awareness, Desire, Knowledge, Ability and Reinforcement. The ADKAR Model is a powerful framework for understanding how change can happen with a single individual and can be used personally by viewing a change you are working through and identifying where and why you may be struggling. For more information and to register, please visit the UC Learning Center (UCLC)<https://uc.sumtotal.host/rcore/c/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2fmanagement%2fLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3fActivityId%3d489205%26UserMode%3d0&domain=14>.

Team Dynamics
Tuesday, October 26, 2021 | 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Many behavioral psychologists have researched the theory that people's behavior can be roughly classified in four groups, represented as quadrants. This course will help you understand the four dominant personality styles: Driver, Expressor, Amiable and Analytical. Each quadrant represents the behavioral styles of people in that group. By recognizing our dominant style and developing the ability to identify traits in others, we can change our behaviors to interact with a wide variety of personalities and tendencies.
During the course, participants can learn about group dynamics in general, understand their strengths and weaknesses, and harness their efforts towards team goals. Participants will also discuss the different development stages a group goes through to reach success. To register for this course, please visit the UC Learning Center (UCLC)<https://uc.sumtotal.host/rcore/c/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2fmanagement%2fLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3fActivityId%3d484107%26UserMode%3d0&domain=14>.

Upcoming Programs and Classes
EOD Programs, Courses and Classes

Course Title/Descriptions
Date
Cost
Registration Link

Managing the People Side of Change
This course will help you understand the four dominant personality styles.
10/07/21
None
Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D489205%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

Franklin Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Achieve greater productivity, improved communication, strengthened relationships, increased influence and laser-like focus on critical priorities.
Note: Registration deadline - 10/01/21
10/11-13/21
$193
Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D480895%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

Eliminating Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying (HIB)
Defining HIB, tools and techniques to handle inappropriate behaviors, and resources to minimize HIB.
10/19/21
None
Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D490652%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

Coaching for Results
Consistent coaching and feedback allows you to connect with employees and increase their productivity, job satisfaction and engagement.
10/21/21
None
Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D490653%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

Team Dynamics

This course helps you understand the four dominant personality styles: Driver, Expressor, Amiable and Analytical.
10/26/21
None
Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D490654%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

Franklin Covey's Leading at the Speed of Trust - LiveClicks

Building Trust, Behaviors of Trust

Note: Registration Deadline - 10/22/21
11/08-10/21
$193
Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/rcore/c/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2fmanagement%2fLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3fActivityId%3d480488%26UserMode%3d0&domain=14>

Franklin Covey's 6 Critical Practices for Leading a Team - LiveClicks

Leadership Effectiveness at the individual, team and organizational levels

Note: Registration Deadline - 11/12/21
11/30/21-12/02/21
$192
Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D480560%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

ComPsych - 2021 Personal Development/Work-Life Topics
Our partnership with ComPsych enables us to offer learning and personal enrichment opportunities throughout the year. The following workshops are offered at no cost:

Workshop Topic
Date
Time
Campus Coordinator
Registration Link

Awakening the Passion in Your Life
10/14/21
1-2:00 p.m.
Lela Dennis
Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D433875%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

Making Connections at Work and in Life
11/18/21
1-2:00 p.m.
Lela Dennis
Register<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D433877%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

ComPysch - Faculty Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) Orientation Videos
If you missed any of the FSAP Orientations, be sure to click on either of the following links to view the orientation videos in the UC Learning Center (UCLC):
*        FSAP Orientation<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D433635%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>
*        FSAP Manager/Supervisor Orientation<https://uc.sumtotal.host/core/pillarRedirect?relyingParty=LM&url=app%2Fmanagement%2FLMS_ActDetails.aspx%3FActivityId%3D433636%26UserMode%3D0&domain=14>

For questions, please contact Employee & Organizational Development (EOD) at HRTrainingContacts at ucr.edu<mailto:HRTrainingContacts at ucr.edu>.

News

UC Learning Center FAQ Spotlight
Visit the FAQ<https://ucrlearning.ucr.edu/faq> page of the UC Learning Center website for answers to common questions such as:

*        I am a new employee. When I try to log in the system, I cannot locate my user account?<https://ucrlearning.ucr.edu/faq#i_am_a_new_employee_when_i_try_to_log_in_the_system_cannot_locate_my_user_account>
*        I am a supervisor and need to update my listed direct reports<https://ucrlearning.ucr.edu/faq#i_am_a_supervisor_and_need_to_update_my_listed_directreports>.
If you have questions about access for newly hired employees and contingent workers<https://fboapps.ucr.edu/policies/index.php?path=viewPolicies.php&policy=650-85> (e.g., temporary employees, volunteers, interns, etc.), please visit the UC Learning Center Access & Roles website<https://ucrlearning.ucr.edu/access-roles>.

Campus Spotlight

R'LEAD - Meet the New Board and Join Us as We Introduce Our New Leaders of Excellence and Distinction Certificate Program
Tuesday, October 5, 2021 | 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
To participate in this event, please register at the Follow R'LEAD Meeting registration website<https://ucr.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMude6grDMiG9eYhKDXMo6-vu11tIDQKBBB>.

R'LEAD - Come Learn from Alex Rollins About Coaching
Wednesday, October 20, 2021 | 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Consistent coaching and feedback allows you to connect with employees and increase their productivity, job satisfaction and engagement. Effective feedback and coaching by leaders will help the organization achieve its goals and priorities. Discover how to empower your team members by holding a coaching mindset while giving effective feedback and using active listening techniques.

To attend this workshop, please register prior to the event at LEAD R' Ship Series - October registration website<https://ucr.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0rc-qtpjspHtUkaq97QuhjPhwXAyYecLX6>.

Instructional Continuity Workgroup Campus Briefing
As UCR approaches the start of the fall quarter, representatives from several of the return to campus working groups are delivering briefings for the campus community and responding to questions. This briefing focuses on instruction. If you missed the September 10, 2021 briefing, please view the Return to Campus Briefing - Fall Instruction video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Wkj8Hp3bM> on YouTube.

Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
The Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion provides training opportunities for all departments on campus. While they offer a myriad of training options, they also work with departments to produce training that is specific to your needs. Please to contact the Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion office to set up a training for your group. For more information, visit the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Training Resources webpage<https://diversity.ucr.edu/training-resources>.

Need training now? Visit LinkedIn Learning, via R'Space<https://auth.ucr.edu/cas/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Fportal.ucr.edu%2FuPortal%2FLogin>,
and take advantage of curated collections.

Get to Know the Employee and Organizational Development (EOD) Team<https://hr.ucr.edu/eod-team-members>.
Personnel Policies for Staff Members (PPSM 50) - Professional Development<https://hr.ucr.edu/document/ppsm50-professional-development>.
Most enrollments are conducted through the UC Learning Center<https://ucrlearning.ucr.edu/>.

Need assistance with course fees? Apply for a Staff Assembly Professional
Development Scholarship. Visit their website for more information: https://staffassembly.ucr.edu/scholarships.

Missed an issue of the Professional Development Monthly?
Visit the Professional Development Monthly webpage<https://hr.ucr.edu/employee-and-organizational-development/professional-development-monthly>.

To subscribe (opt-in) to the Professional Development Monthly,
register in the Hrtrainingnews listserv<http://lists.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/hrtrainingnews>.