[GSAUCR] 2010 Students of Color Conference

President GSAUCR president.gsaucr at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 18:47:29 PDT 2010

Greetings Graduate Students:

This year’s UCSA Students of Color Conference will be taking place
November 19-21, 2010 at UC Santa Barbara.  The theme for this year’s
conference is “Transformation Through Love and Art: Actively
Reclaiming Power for our Community.”  This annual event is a chance
for you to network with current graduate and undergraduate issues in a
safe environment.  Students of diverse backgrounds annually attend
this event, and I would encourage you to consider attending.

Here’s the best part: It is FREE for you!  GSA will be paying the cost
of registration, meals, and housing for 10 students to attend. All you
have to do is e-mail a statement of interest to Adam Jackson-Boothby,
GSA Executive Vice President, at aboot002 at ucr.edu.  In this statement,
please explain why you wish to attend this conference and what you
hope to take back to UCR.  Also, please include your name and
department, as well as what program you are in (MA, PhD, etc.).  The
deadline to apply to attend this conference is Friday, October 29,
2010.

Thank you for your interest, and please do not hesitate to contact me
with any other questions.

Regards,

Adam

--