[GSAUCR] Opportunity for Undergraduate Mentoring

President GSAUCR president.gsaucr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 14:54:09 PST 2010

Graduate Student Community,

On March 11th the Honors Program here at UCR will be sponsoring an informal
workshop for undergraduates who are interested in graduate school. It will
take place over breakfast, with muffins and such provided, and the
organizers are looking for graduate who would be willing to share their
experiences with the application process and all the other details of what
grad school is really like. I think you will find this is an easy, and still
very worthy, way to give back to the UCR Community. The details are below.

-Gary Coyne

--
President
Graduate Student Association

Muffins and Mingles: Is Grad School for Me?

Program Description: On March 11, 2010, we invite you to join us for an
evening to share experiences you've had in choosing to pursue graduate
school. The program will have approximately 50 residents in attendance and
they will be told that they will have the opportunity to mingle and talk to
current UCR graduate students in an informal setting. We hope for this to be
a chance for our residents to learn about why they might possibly consider
graduate school as a "next-step" option and the process that it will take to
get them there. We will set up the program like a Midnight Breakfast so for
your time - we will feed you! :-)

Day/Time/Location: This program will be held on the evening of March 11,
2010 in the Pentland I/J Building Common Lounge. It will take place from 8
to 10pm.

PLEASE CONTACT Resident Adviser Jessica Yamane if you are interested in
attending and need more information (jyama003 at ucr.edu). You don't have to
attend the entire two hours - we'd appreciate you coming when you can. Thank
you!!!

Sponsored by the Honors Resident Advisers