[GSAUCR] GSA Election Results

President GSAUCR president.gsaucr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 17:27:58 PDT 2010

Graduate Student Community,

I would like to take a minute to communicate the official results of
last week’s election.

The Rec Center Expansion passed by a health margin (almost two to one)
with a sufficient turn out. The proposed changes to the GSA
constitution failed to get enough votes to be official. (For the
procedural reasons for this see below if interested.)

The following individuals were elected to serve as GSAs officers for
next year, with term beginning at the close of this academic year.

President: Rachel Cassel
Executive Vice President: Adam Jackson-Boothby
Vice President of Academic Affairs: Jennifer Wright
Finance Officer: Arash Adamin
Public Relation Officer: Vilma H. Sielawa Ferreira
GSHIP Chair: Eric McCoy

Please join me in wishing them all the best of luck next year.

Also, as a reminder we will be having our last regularly scheduled GSA
Council Meeting on Wednesday May 5th at 6pm in HUB 355. We will be
approving GSA’s budget for next year and discussing a health care plan
(GSHIP) for next year too.

(As for the referenda, while less than 20% of graduate students voted
on either item because the Rec Center referendum was worded in terms
of “20% of all students” graduate and undergraduate votes were
aggregated. In putting this on our ballot GSA had agreed to count the
votes in such a manner. However, since only grads could vote on
changes to the constitution the fact that less than 20% voted meant
that, while there were more the 10 times as many who voted to change
the constitution, the referendum fails.)

Take care,

Gary Coyne

--
President