[GSAUCR] Applications for Officers Deadline Extended

President GSAUCR president.gsaucr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 15:12:25 PDT 2010

Graduate Student Community,

We have decided to extend the deadline for officer applications until April
7th. More information about the positions can be found at
http://www.gsa.ucr.edu/  This is largely in light of the fact that we have
not yet received any applications for two positions, specifically President
and Public Relations Officer.

If we can "toot our own horn", the GSA really is great organization that has
does a lot to further the interests of graduate students here on campus.
Over the last year we have put on programs targeted specifically at the
needs of graduate students, been able to meet with  administrators about
various concerns, as well as put on social programs. On the one hand, we do
need leadership to do these kinds of things. On the other, if there is
something you would like to see changed on campus or some issue you are
passionate about there is a good chance getting involved with GSA may really
help you see change realized on this campus. (Also, let me remind you, these
positions all come with a stipend.)

Contact gsaucr at ucr.edu if you have any questions about the positions or
application procedures.

Take care,