[GSAUCR] Fwd: GSA Conference Travel Grant Updates and Information

President GSAUCR president.gsaucr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 17:20:35 PDT 2009

Graduate Student Community,

Welcome to the 2009-2010 Academic Year here at UCR!

I would like to take a moment to share some of the important changes that
have been made to the GSA Conference Travel Grant program this year. Due to
the current budget situation, a reduction in available funding as compared
to the 2008-2009 academic year, and the abundance of applications received
in the last several months, the GSA Conference Travel Grant committee has
been required to reduce the regional reimbursement caps by 20%. This has
been done to ensure that there are funds for use by as many graduate
students as possible throughout this upcoming year.

 The new regional caps are as follows:

International                $480

North America            $400

United States              $320

Southwest                   $240

Attendee                     $80

It is also important to emphasize the importance of submitting materials
before posted deadlines in order to receive funding:

**Application: Please refer to the deadlines listed below. I have also
attached a document containing the deadlines for your reference. They are
also available on the website. Please read these deadlines carefully as no
exceptions are made for late applications. If you have any questions
regarding these deadlines, please do not hesitate to contact me.

*Month of Conference End Date:*                                    *
Deadline:*

July
June 1st (Monday)

August
July 1st (Wednesday)

September
August 3rd (Monday)

October

September 1st (Tuesday)

November
October 1st (Thursday)

December
November 2nd (Monday)

January
December 1st (Tuesday)

February
January 5th (Tuesday)

March
February 1st (Monday)

April
March 1st (Monday)

May
April 1st (Thursday)

June
May 1st (Tuesday)

**Supplemental materials are due BEFORE the start date of the conference
(abstract, letter of recommendation or letter of recommendation form, and
proof of acceptance/presentation/primary author). Note: GSA only funds one
primary presenter per presentation (if you are not listed as the
primary presenter on the abstract, you will need to submit proof that you
will be the primary presenter at the conference).

** GSA Expense Form, itemized receipts (credit card receipts alone are not
accepted) and proof of attendance (ID Badge or letter from the conference
stating that you attended) must be submitted within *7 business
days*following the end date of conference

*If these guidelines are not followed, the application will be denied. *

For your convenience, I have attached copies of the GSA Conference travel
grant application deadlines for the entire 2009-2010 academic year, a copy
of the conference travel grant application, the graduate advisor letter of
recommendation form that can be submitted as an alternative to the letter of
recommendation submitted by one’s advisor and the expense form report that
must be submitted with your itemized receipts within seven business days of
the end date of the conference.

If you have questions regarding eligibility or more general information on
the program, please refer to the GSA Conference Travel Grant website:
http://gsa.ucr.edu/travelgrant/index.html

Also, please do not hesitate to contact me or Michele Herzog (
michele.herzog at ucr.edu<http://us.mc623.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=michele.herzog@ucr.edu>)
with any additional questions related to the program.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Lybrand

GSA Conference Travel Grant Coordinator
http://gsa.ucr.edu/travelgrant/index.html

Attachments:

2009-2010 Academic Year Application Deadlines

2009-2010 Academic Year Application

2009-2010 Graduate Advisor Letter of Recommendation Form

2009-2010 Expense Form Report to be submitted with receipts