[GSAUCR] Toy Drive

Evita Limon elimo002 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 22:16:58 PST 2009

To Whom it May Concern:

  Hello. I spoke to Gary Coyne and he told me to contact you. I would like to let all of the GSA students know about a toy drive and a Christmas event that will take place Dec 18th. The Renacimiento Community Center is located in Pomona CA, an area of chronic gang and drug activity. In this underserved an socioeconomically challenged community, there are many at-risk youth who lack numerous resources and opportunities. Many of the children have broken homes with many members of their family in prison. The donations made will make a huge difference to these children that most likely won't be receiving anything for Christmas. On the day of the event, we are planning a fun afternoon including arts and crafts, reading with the children, and a turkey dinner for the families. We would like the GSA community to take part in either part of the event. Last year GSA donated a large portion of the toys we collected and truly made a significant difference. We are very open to ideas. If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact me. A box is in GSA right in front of the reception desk. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Evita Limon
MS II, UCLA PRIME
UCR/UCLA Thomas Haider Program