[Gsaucr] BPS Graduate Student Research Retreat June 6th 2008

GSA UCR gsaucr at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 14:12:36 PDT 2008

Botany and Plant Sciences Graduate Student Research Retreat
UCR Botanic Gardens - Friday, June 6th 2008

The annual Research Retreat is a student run event that showcases the research undertaken by UCR graduate students.  Students have the opportunity to display posters and give presentations on their research.  While the majority of participants will be from the Department of Botany & Plant Sciences, participation from other disciplines is encouraged.  In the past, students from departments such as Environmental Sciences and Biology have taken part in the retreat.  The event gives students the opportunity to present their work to faculty members, professionals, and their peers at UCR.  In addition to student presentations, a BPSC Alumnus will be invited as the keynote speaker.  Following this lecture, the guest speaker will speak directly to graduate students and answer any questions they may have, such as those regarding job searching and choices to be made after graduate school.
Fees will not be charged for attendance or food.  The event will begin approximately around 9:30am and last until evening.

If you are interested in presenting, we still have a few spots left for an oral presentation or posters. We are asking that you forward your abstract if you plan on presenting or if you have a poster simply email us your title by May 30th.

You can send any questions or your abstract to Ben Becerra (bjbecerra at gmail.com) or Lynn Wihbey (lwihb001 at student.ucr.edu).

Thanks for your support and we look forward to seeing you there!

Botany mini-GSA