[Gsaucr] Newsletter

GSA Public Relations gsaucr at gmail.com
Wed May 21 11:11:58 PDT 2008

Dear Grads,

In this week's newsletter, you'll find information regarding:

*1.  GSA Special Election-DEADLINE is TODAY!!!
2.  **China** Earthquake Relief Efforts
3.  Reception for the Class of 2008
4.  Grad Athletic Tournaments Spring, May 31st (June 18th or 21st?)
5.  GSA Research Awards, June 5th*

**

Please read below for more information.

*1.  GSA Special Election-DEADLINE is TODAY!!!*

The positions for GSA President and Finance Officer are still open for the
2008-2009 school year. There will be a special election held at the
June 4thCouncil meeting. For more information about each position and
for an
application form please visit the GSA Website at http://gsa.ucr.edu/
<https://webmail.ucr.edu/wm/mail/fetch.html?urlid=g1f9841a4b506cbf97a4796c1460e4ccc8khp2h7k0l&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgsa.ucr.edu%2F>

To apply for candidacy, please fill out an application
form<http://www.gsa.ucr.edu/documents/candidate_intention_form_002.doc>and
email it to
gsaelection at yahoo.com by TODAY at 6pm. If you have any questions, please
contact the GSA EVP Louise Hendrickson at evp.gsaucr at yahoo.com.

*2.  **China** Earthquake Relief Efforts*

In light of the recent tragedy in China, we would like to provide you with a
few links where you can provide aid for the victims.

1. http://www.one-foundation.com/html/en/beneficence_01.htm
2. http://donate.ifrc.org
3. http://www.mercycorps.org/chinaearthquake/

*3.  Reception for the Class of 2008*

The Alumni Association, Grad Division and GSA cordially invite the
Graduating Class of 2008 to an evening of celebration.  The event will take
place Thursday May 29th at 6pm in the Alumni Visiting Center.  Did I mention
it is FREE? Refreshments and Appetizers will be served.  To RSVP contact
gsaucr at ucr.edu attention: Reception for Grads 08; business casual attire is
suggested.

*4.  Grad Athletic Tournaments Spring, May 31st (June 18th or 21st?)*

LETS GET PHYSICAL!!!! Soccer Tournament Saturday May 31st starting at
9am-2pm.  The format is 8 on 8 where at least five of the players on your
team have to be graduate students at UCR.   Family, PostDocs, Faculty,
Staff, and Friends are invited.  There will be snacks, refreshments,
trophies and more.  If you would like to participate or would like more
information please contact Alex Cortez at gsaucr at ucr.edu Attn: GATs.

We are also coordinating a Softball Tournament (10 on 10) but I need your
feedback in order to schedule it, tentative dates are Wednesday June 18th or
Saturday June 21st.

*5.  GSA Research Awards, June 5th*

Please join us as we celebrate the winners of the GSA Research Awards on
Thursday June 5th.  The ceremony will begin at 5:30pm in Engineering
Building II 205/206 and the patio.  Come congratulate the recipients and
hear about their exciting work.  FREE food and beverages will be provided.

If you would like more information, please go to the GSA website or contact
the GSA at gsaucr at yahoo.com.

Graduate Student Association
203 Commons
University of California Riverside