[Gsaucr] Child care availability and affordability for Graduate Students

GSA Executive Board gsaucr at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 12:38:20 PDT 2007

To the UCR graduate student population,

My name is Caitlin Smith and I'm the news editor for the UCR Highlander
student newspaper. I'm doing a features story on child care availability and
affordability for graduate students, given the recent union negotiations and
the fact that UCR is breaking ground on this new Child Development Center.
>From what I understand, there are still some very long wait lists and the
subsidies for child care-- while obviously better than nothing-- don't quite
stack up to the cost. We want to look at the impact this has on graduate
students.

We'd like to hear from anyone who has children, either in the CDC or
elsewhere, and would be interested in sharing their stories.

If you'd be interested in helping us out, please find attached some
questions. We appreciate any responses.

*Please send responses to highlandernews at gmail.com.
* If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at that
email or call me at      661-992-9235 .

Thank you in advance for any responses you may want to give us.

Best Regards,

Caitlin Smith
News Editor
UCR Highlander