[Graduatestudents] ˈpərkəˌlāt: An Experience in Black Studies presents "Who Are You Talking To?": Ruptures, Resonances, and Care in Black Space

Ïxkári Estelle ixkari.govan at email.ucr.edu
Fri Nov 12 12:21:48 PST 2021

Hey folks!

This is your official call to get it percolatin' with us again! Myself and
my ˈpərkəlāt co-founder Aaron Brown have been dreaming alongside y'all
about what conversational sparks to ignite, so we're excited to share
another kinetic virtual space with you soon! We're thrilled to present...

*"Who Are You Talking To?": Ruptures, Resonances, and Care in Black Space *
*November 18th, 2021 ::: 1-3pm :: via zoom
<https://ucr.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIlce-%20hrzgjGdQ1ZByaSdOfh7vectA9WijL>*
*featuring Professor Ashon Crawley (he/him), Professor Ayana Omilade
Flewellen (they/she), Professor Natasha McPherson (she/her), and Professor
Ni’Ja Whitson (they/them)*
*moderated by co-founding BlackQueer/QueerBlack PhD students Aaron Brown
(he/him) and Ïxkári Estelle (they/them)*

*In this second installment of ˈpərkəˌlāt: An Experience in Black Studies,
we explore the nuanced and interconnected tendrils of Black space. Our
query is situated in an emphatic, “Who are you talking to?” as an
expression that all at once questions and critiques, requests and resists,
cares and counsels interpersonal understandings of convening and being in
community. In this conversation, we'll be unpacking what it is to be in,
outside, and invested in Black spaces. *

*Tell everyone to come in the house
<https://ucr.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIlce-%20hrzgjGdQ1ZByaSdOfh7vectA9WijL>!
Let’s Talk. *

[image: WAYTT 1-2.png]
See y'all there,
Ïxkári

P.S. If y'all have any questions, please feel free to reply to me directly
or hit up percolate connections (percolateblackstudy at gmail.com or
@percolateblkst on IG and Twitter!).