[Gradstudents] [UPDATED] Travel Reminders for AERA 2024

Heather A Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Mon Apr 8 11:27:51 PDT 2024

UPDATED CALENDAR INVITATION 4/23 AT 10AM

Dear SOE Graduate Students,

With many of our faculty and students traveling next week for AERA, our team thought it may help to send a few travel reminders.

Meals and Incidentals

  *   The daily meals and incidentals maximum is $79.
  *   For those with a T&E Card, if you anticipate exceeding this maximum daily limit, we recommend paying for meals on a personal credit card and seeking reimbursement to prevent any money owed back to UCR on your T&E Card for accidentally exceeding the daily maximum.

Lodging

  *   Per travel policy, lodging may not exceed $275/night (before taxes and fees) unless you are staying at one of the conference hotels listed on the following document.
  *   AERA 2024 Annual Meeting Housing Rates and Locations: https://www.aera.net/Portals/38/2024%20Housing%20Rates_1.pdf
  *   If you have booked a hotel not listed here that exceeds $275/night, please email me so that we can work on the appropriate pre-approval documentation to ensure a full reimbursement after the trip.

Receipt Requirements

  *   Required receipts: airfare, lodging, conference registration
  *   Optional receipts: individual meal and transportation expenses less than $75

Workfront and Concur:

  *   If you haven't done so already, please submit a Travel Request in Workfront indicating your estimated costs for AERA Travel and COA fund source to charge. This step is required to process reimbursement in Concur after your trip.
  *   SOE/SPP Workfront Form: https://ucriverside.my.workfront.com/requests/
  *   For our student travelers, this step has already been completed by our office as part of your SOE Travel Grant application in Workfront.

Concur Office Hours:
Please feel welcome to stop by our next Conquering Concur Office Hours if you have any questions after your trip. We will leverage the break-out room feature in Zoom to address individual questions, and you are welcome to drop-in anytime during the hour.

  *   Thursday, April 18 at 10am-11am
  *   Zoom: https://ucr.zoom.us/j/93951438443
To help with post-AERA processing, we have added an additional Concur Office Hours this month. We hope this is helpful. A calendar/zoom invite will follow momentarily.

  *   Tuesday, April 23 at 11am-12pm
  *   Zoom: https://ucr.zoom.us/j/93951438443

Please let me or Karen know if you have any travel, Concur, or reimbursement questions. Safe travels and enjoy AERA!

Sincerely,
Alison

Alison Rodriguez, MPA I Deputy Financial Administrative Officer
Business Operations and Research Administration
School of Education<https://education.ucr.edu/> and School of Public Policy<https://spp.ucr.edu/>
University of California, Riverside
Tel:<tel:> (951) 827-5908
Email: alison.rodriguez at ucr.edu<mailto:alison.rodriguez at ucr.edu>

Chair, UCR Academic Management Professionals (AMP)
Co-Chair, UCR Highlander Mentor Connection (HMC)

On Campus: Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays
Remote: Wednesdays & Fridays

SOE/SPP Workfront Form: https://ucriverside.my.workfront.com/requests/
UCR Sponsored Programs: https://research.ucr.edu/spa
UCR Concur: https://www.concursolutions.com/