[Gradstudents] Upcoming events with Chicano Student Programs

Heather A Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 10 07:54:01 PDT 2023

CSP's Annual ¡Bienvenida!
Thursday, October 12th
4pm-9pm at The Barn
Join us for an evening of celebration as we welcome new and returning students, staff, faculty and community to campus. Event will include live music, art, cultural vendors, information tables, and performances by Danza Azteca Teocalli Tepeyolot, Ballet Folklorico de UCR, Banda Los Negrete Fam and MC MAGIC. Event is free with pre-registration at: ucrbarnevents.universitytickets.com<https://ucrbarnevents.universitytickets.com/>. Event is co-sponsored by UCR Hispanic Serving Institution Committee, UCR Latino and Latin American Studies Research Center, and The Barn.

Chicano Link Peer Mentor Program
Deadline: Friday, October 13th
Our peer mentor program extends a bienvenida into the UCR familia to first-year, transfer and graduate students. One-on-one meetings, academic and culturally affirming workshops all support a positive transition to UCR. To apply visit go.ucr.edu/chicanolink.

Graduate Writing Series
Every Thursday, October 19th - November 30th
10am-2pm in HUB 260
Coffee, Snacks and a light lunch will be provided.
Join us for a weekly writing series to support your writing goals and advance your writing projects en comunidad! Event is co-sponsored by Chicano Student Programs, UCR Graduate Writing Center and the Chicano Link Graduate Peer Mentor Program.

Chicano Latino Heritage Month
We welcome you the UCR familia and invite you to a month of events and programming that offer a bienvenida to CSP and celebrate Chicano Latino heritage.
Flyer attached.