[Gradstudents] [MOVED ONLINE] Professional Development Series: Attending a Conference 101

Heather Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Mon Mar 20 11:59:49 PDT 2023

Moved online due to Winter storm.

Dear SOE Graduate Students,

To continue with our professional development series, the SOE is offering a new workshop: Attending a Conference 101. This virtual workshop hosted by Dr. Eddie Comeaux will be held on Tuesday, March 21st from 10:00-11:30 am on Zoom.

The goals of this workshop include:

  *   Provide clarity on what to expect attending a conference
  *   Understand strategies for creating a schedule
  *   How to effectively network at a conference and afterwards
  *   Understand roles of participants and session types
  *   Build community around conference participation

While this workshop is not exclusive to any particular conference, it is timely with the upcoming AERA conference in April.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://ucr.zoom.us/j/95539601757?pwd=ZnpNQ1NJUmV6VHdNVGJVQXZoL0Y3Zz09

Meeting ID: 955 3960 1757
Passcode: 769404

Dr. Comeaux and I hope to see you there!

Best,

Heather Killeen (she/her/hers)
Graduate Program Coordinator
School of Education