[Gradstudents] Course Opportunities: 245G & 269I

Heather Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Tue Jan 10 11:09:20 PST 2023

Dear Graduate Students,

We have seats available in EDUC 245G and EDUC 269I for Winter 2023, and would like to encourage you to consider enrolling. Below you'll find the course descriptions.

EDUC 245G: Inequality in Educational Opportunity and Achievement
Instructor: Dr. Suneal Kolluri<https://profiles.ucr.edu/app/home/profile/sunealk>
Meets: Mondays 4-6:50pm in HMNSS 1402
Course Description: 4 Units, Lecture, 3 hours; research, 3 hours. Prerequisite(s): graduate standing or consent of instructor. Examines theoretical and empirical research on the "achievement gap" from a variety of social science disciplines. Explores causes and consequences of racial or ethnic, linguistic, cultural, and socioeconomic differences in educational achievement.

EDUC 269I: Research Entre Familia
Instructor: Dr. Lorena Gutierrez<https://profiles.ucr.edu/app/home/profile/lorenag>
Meets: Tuesdays 4-6:50pm in HMNSS 1403
Course Description: 4 units. Attached you'll find a course description from the instructor.

I am available to assist with enrollment and answer any questions you may have about how these courses fit into your curriculum.

Best,

Heather Killeen (she/her/hers)
Graduate Program Coordinator
School of Education