[Gradstudents] SOE Grad Research Conference Q & A with Dr. Alice Lee

Heather A Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Wed Aug 9 08:39:11 PDT 2023

Dear SOE Graduate Students and Faculty,

Please find Dr. Alice Lee’s email below regarding an upcoming conference opportunity.

-Heather

________________________________

We are so excited to offer this new opportunity for all grad students to share their work! At this time, this conference should not be seen as preparing for and presenting at other national research conferences. Instead, the purpose of this conference is to offer YOU ways to practice for those conferences, and to practice talking about and presenting your work. For this reason, we invite works in progress--ongoing research with preliminary findings, or theoretical developments that you're still working through. Consider this event as a supportive venue to be in dialogue with peers and faculty, and to practice your skills as you grow into an independent scholar.

I'm hosting an informal Q & A/ brainstorm session this coming Monday, August 14 from 11am-12pm on this Zoom below. Feel free to come with the following:

  *   "I feel like I have nothing to share..."--we'll brainstorm together!
  *   "My stuff isn't ready to be presented..."--let's talk about that!
  *   "I'm enjoying my summer & don't want to think about work"--me too! Let's come up with a doable plan together!
NEW proposal due date: Friday, August 25!!

Topic: SOE Grad Research Conference Q & A with Dr. Alice Lee

Time: Aug 14, 2023 11:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://ucr.zoom.us/j/95546419800?pwd=YzljODFJL0NMT211NkExWnhSY09xdz09

Meeting ID: 955 4641 9800

Passcode: 110508

--
Dr. Alice Y. Lee, Ph.D. (she/her/hers)
Assistant Professor of Critical Literacy