[Gradstudents] Welcome from Interim Dean Eddie Comeaux

GSOEDean gsoedean at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 27 09:52:22 PDT 2022

Dear SOE students,

Welcome to the beginning of Fall Quarter!

My name is Dr. Eddie Comeaux, and I will be serving as SOE's interim dean through December, until SOE's new dean, Dr. Joi Spencer, assumes her role<https://news.ucr.edu/articles/2022/07/25/new-dean-school-education-named>. I am also a faculty member in the Higher Education area group, SOE's graduate advisor, and the Director of the UCR Center for Athletes' Rights and Equity (CARE).

I have had the pleasure of attending several incoming and returning student events and orientations these last few weeks and have enjoyed the opportunity to meet many of you in person.

I have been at UCR as a faculty member for ten years, and I am very proud to be part of the School of Education. SOE is a very special place with a robust and caring community, and our primary focus is making sure that you, our students, are supported throughout your journey.

By now most of you have met your program and student advisors, and if not, I encourage you to make those connections. Explore the resources available to you on campus: Get involved in student groups, attend engagement events, visit your instructor's office hours, and don't be afraid to ask questions. If you're an undergraduate student, connect with our current SOE student ambassadors-many of them have been in your shoes, and can help you navigate UCR.

I am excited about the path before you and want to congratulate you on taking the first step on this journey. Please don't hesitate to reach out to SOE faculty or staff if you have any questions. I have also included a list of helpful resources below.

I look forward to seeing many of you over the next few months.

Sincerely,

Interim Dean Eddie Comeaux

Current SOE Student Webpages:
https://education.ucr.edu/current-students