[Gradstudents] Upcoming Events and Opportunities in GradSuccess

Heather Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Thu Jul 14 12:43:42 PDT 2022

Dear SOE Graduate Students,

Please find the attached flyers and descriptions below for upcoming events and opportunities in GradSuccess.

Hope you are enjoying the summer break!

-Heather

The attached flyers include the following information:

  *   GradQuant is open this summer! We'll be hosting consultations<https://ucr.mywconline.com>, drop-in hours<https://gradquant.ucr.edu/programs/dropinhours> every Thursday from 10am-12pm, and also three workshops<https://gradquant.ucr.edu/programs/workshops/summer-2022> on LaTeX, handling missing data, and machine learning for beginners.
  *   The Graduate Writing Center is also open over summer! There are lots of openings, so make a weekly appointment<https://ucr.mywconline.com> as your summer writing accountability mechanism or bring in early drafts of your fellowship applications.
  *   On campus this summer and wanting to connect with community<https://gsrc.ucr.edu/community>? Come by our weekly Wednesday afternoon coffee socials (3-4pm in Spieth Courtyard) or the Stress Relief Fair (August 2nd, 4:30-6:30pm in Spieth Courtyard) for free food/drink and good company, or log on to our Virtual Art Night on August 16th, 6-8pm, for a relaxing drawing lesson.
  *   Science to Policy<https://sciencetopolicy.ucr.edu/s2p-certificate> has opened their applications for the Fall 2022 S2P Graduate Certificate program! Applications close on July 22nd, so don't wait to submit yours.