[Gradstudents] Upcoming Events and Opportunities in GradSuccess

Heather Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Tue Apr 19 13:39:36 PDT 2022

Dear SOE Graduate Students,

Please find the attached flyers for upcoming events and opportunities from GradSuccess.

-Heather

  *   HAPPENING TODAY - the return of the Stress Relief Fair<https://gsrc.ucr.edu/community#stress_relief_fair>!!  For the first time since January 2020, stop by the Spieth/Life Sciences courtyard from 4-6pm today for free tacos, therapy dogs, lawn games, art projects and....the return of chair massages!
  *   Two upcoming TA Development Program workshops<https://tadp.ucr.edu/resources/workshops>: the first is on Giving and Getting Student Feedback at 10am tomorrow (4/20) and the second is Building Rapport with Your Students next Tuesday April 26th at 2pm (both on Zoom)
  *   The Graduate Writing Center is offering a workshop<https://gwc.ucr.edu/programs/workshops> next Wednesday April 27th at 10am on Writing Effective Teaching Statements
  *   Coming up the week of May 2nd, it's AFTER GRAD: TEACHING CAREERS WEEK<https://gsrc.ucr.edu/aftergrad/tcw>! We have a range of sessions on finding a teaching-focused position, including a panel of alum on Getting Hired in the Cal States and Community Colleges, a workshop and clinic on writing diversity statements, and a keynote by Professor Barbara Junisbai of the Claremont Colleges. There's also a "Teaching Development" track dedicated to helping you become a better teacher!
  *   The application for the Fall 2022/Winter 2023 cohort of the University Teaching Certificate<https://tadp.ucr.edu/university-teaching-certificate> program is now open! Apply by May 16th if you're interested in this competitive program. Three quarters of TA experience are required, or you can also attend the Teaching Development track of Teaching Careers Week (see above) to be eligible to apply.
  *   Finally, the application for our summer programs <https://gsrc.ucr.edu/summer-programming> is also open now! If you'd like to participate in our summer fellowship writing program for the NSF GRFP or Ford Foundation Predoctoral fellowships, or attend our summer statistics and programming bootcamp, sign up by May 25th!