[Gradstudents] Town Hall - Follow Up

Heather Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Mon Apr 18 16:30:58 PDT 2022

Dear SOE Graduate Students,

Thank you for those that were able to join us for the town hall meeting on Wednesday, April 13th. For those unable to make it, we wanted to share some highlights discussed.

Robert Wilbur, GSA AAO, shared some upcoming events and resources for graduate students. If you're interested in applying for open positions within the GSA for the 2022-2023 academic year, today is the deadline but I encourage you to contact their office to inquire about an extension (gsadial at ucr.edu<mailto:gsadial at ucr.edu>). These are paid positions. If you want to know more about the GSA, you can email Robert at rwilb001 at ucr.edu<mailto:rwilb001 at ucr.edu>.

If you are looking for open TA positions in another department, you can email the department contact listed here: https://graduate.ucr.edu/need-help. This shows the department program coordinator and/or graduate advisor who oversees TA assignments.

As a reminder, should you experience a conflict/grievance, please consider this your quarterly reminder of the informal steps to help resolve the issue. See the steps outlined on page 27 of the graduate student handbook<https://education.ucr.edu/sites/g/files/rcwecm1216/files/2021-09/2021-2022%20Orientation%20Handbook.pdf>.

The SOE will continue to offer professional development workshops and guest speakers quarterly/annually. You are encouraged to send me workshop topics as well as guest speaker names you're interested learning about to be considered for the series.

Hope you all are doing well this quarter and are finding moments of joy.

Take care,

Heather Killeen (she/her/hers)
Graduate Program Coordinator
School of Education