[Gradstudents] Virtual Memorial for Margarita Vizcarra - Call for Submissions

GSOEDean gsoedean at ucr.edu
Wed Jan 13 16:57:35 PST 2021

Dear GSOE Community,

Please find the message below from Chicano Student Programs regarding a virtual memorial for friend and colleague, Margarita Vizcarra.

Thank you,
Louie Rodriguez
GSOE Interim Dean

Greetings,

On behalf of Chicano Student Programs, Margarita’s friends and family, we are launching a virtual memorial in her honor. Margarita was a fierce scholar practitioner who led from her heart and with community at the forefront of her work. Margarita had many roles; she served as a role model, a femtor, a friend, a daughter, an educator and a scholar. In our grieving we have relied on fond memories of her, her laughter, her sense of humor, her compassion and each other to cope with her passing.  Margarita will always be in our corazónes.  May our beloved hermana and friend rest in power.
Please send your photos, stories, video, art and anything you would like to share about Margarita by 2/5/2021 to arlene.cano at ucr.edu<mailto:arlene.cano at ucr.edu>.

In Community,
Chicano Student Programs