[Gradstudents] Upcoming Events and Opportunities with GradSuccess and XCITE

Heather Killeen heather.killeen at ucr.edu
Mon Apr 26 09:27:15 PDT 2021

Dear GSOE Graduate Students:

Please find the attached flyers and description of events from GradSuccess and XCITE.

  *   Eric Johns, PhD Candidate in Music and our 2020 campus Grad Slam champion, will finally get the chance to compete against his UC colleagues at the UC-wide Grad Slam Final on May 7th from 9:45-11:15am. You can watch the 3-minute research talks by all of the campus champions and vote for your favorite - the Audience Choice winner will receive $1000! Register to watch at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/uc-grad-slam-tickets-144260841059.
  *   We're partnering with UCI and UCSD to bring you a workshop on "The Graduate Student & Postdoc's Guide to Personal Finance" with Dr. Emily Roberts on May 10th at 3pm: https://gsrc.ucr.edu/workshops.
  *   Registration is now open for our summer programs! We offer online fellowship writing programs with guaranteed writing consultations for the Ford predoctoral and NSF GRFP fellowships, as well as an online stats and programming bootcamp with a focus on R, from July 12-September 3rd. Seats are limited, so sign up today: https://gsrc.ucr.edu/summer-programming/.
  *   GradSuccess is hiring peer mentors for the 2021-22 academic year! This is a 7% appointment at $20 hour with annual and quarterly mentorship and professional development training. Apply by July 2nd at: https://gradmentors.ucr.edu/mentor-application.
  *   Finally, XCITE (formerly the Center for Teaching and Learning) is hiring up to FIFTY Instructional Continuity Consultants this Fall. This is an on-campus, TA-equivalent 50% position that will work with departments providing dual-mode instruction in Fall to ensure quality of instruction and provide guidance and assistance to faculty and other TAs. Apply by May 3rd at:  https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1ETFMW9gtrB5wz4.