[Gradstudents] Dean's Welcome Message

GSOEDean gsoedean at ucr.edu
Thu Oct 1 09:29:08 PDT 2020

Dear GSOE students,

Welcome to the Fall quarter! Please click here to view my welcome video message, <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENIivAhGYTA&feature=youtu.be>  <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENIivAhGYTA&feature=youtu.be> including 5 pieces of advice for making the most of your time at UCR. As you navigate the Fall quarter, there are a number of resources available to help you. I have included a link to some of these below.

<http://ask.ucr.edu/>Ask.ucr.edu<http://ask.ucr.edu/>
Ask.ucr.edu is a one-stop student resource hub with information about everything from housing to remote learning, mental health services, and student organizations. Chances are, if you’re looking for help as a UCR student, you can find the information here.
Counseling & Psychological Services<https://counseling.ucr.edu/>
Student Health Services<https://studenthealth.ucr.edu/>

GSOE Advising Webpages. All advisors are available remotely:

  *   Undergraduate Advising Center<https://education.ucr.edu/undergraduate-education-students>
  *   GSOE Teacher Education Students<https://education.ucr.edu/teacher-education-students>
  *   GSOE Graduate Students (not tied to teaching credential)<https://education.ucr.edu/graduate-students>

As we begin a quarter like no other, I encourage you to remain optimistic about your time at UCR, and know that we are here to support you in every way. We look forward to seeing you thrive as GSOE continuously explores ways to build rich learning experiences, engage with exciting scholarly topics, and collectively create ways to serve our communities.

Sincerely,
Louie Rodriguez
Interim Dean
Graduate School of Education