[Geospatial] Notes from the January 16 Geospatial/GIS meetup

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Fri Jan 19 08:52:22 PST 2024

Hello all,

Attached please find the notes from the January 16 Geospatial/GIS meetup.

This meeting was recorded; video is available here<https://ucr.zoom.us/rec/share/fHGogGjcd-62bYGLAHqq5d-gGruKajYmHDUjyzWPL1m7QgmDoELzKKRVkYDTFeY9.KwrBsEy4Q7_lnQAh>. The passcode to view is   2Ku.tBEp

Our special thanks to Liz Wilson, who gave an informative talk about her research into the relationship between cultural tightness and regional personality, beliefs, and values.

My thanks also to all who attended, with special appreciation for those who joined us for the first time!

A reminder that there are still a few spaces available for Planet Imagery Day<https://planetimageryday2024.eventbrite.com/> on Tuesday, January 23 in Orbach Science Library. Please consider attending if you're interested in using high-resolution satellite imagery in your research.

Our next meetup will be on Tuesday, February 13. Last call for a presenter or a suggested discussion topic! If nothing else arises, I'll plan to talk about the use of data in a GIS.

Thank you,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D7A4CC.F0051EB0]