[Geospatial] Geospatial/GIS meetup

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Wed Mar 29 10:33:08 PDT 2023

Hello everyone,

Our first Geospatial/GIS meetup of Spring quarter will be on Tuesday, April 11, from 12:00-12:50 pm. That's right - we'll have the meetups on Tuesdays this quarter, rather than on Thursdays.

The meetup will be in Rivera Library, Room 140 and on Zoom.
(To find Rivera 140: turn right after entering Rivera Library. Keep walking until you pass the elevators. Room 140 is on the corner of the hallway you'll see to your left.)
Our presenter for this meetup will be ... me!

We'll look at several Online sources for maps and data.

Pulling from sources found in the UCR Library guide for Maps and GIS<https://guides.lib.ucr.edu/c.php?g=171041&p=8493968>, we'll spend a few minutes with two geoportals from each of the following categories: local sources, general, environmental concerns, social science, and scanned print maps. You might learn about a data source you hadn't seen before!

You are welcome to bring links to share for your own go-to sites for GIS data and maps.

We'll also have time for announcements and discussion. This meetup will be recorded.
Watch for a reminder email the day before the meetup; it will contain the Zoom information.
Another option: if you register through Eventbrite, you'll receive an automated email with the Zoom information. (We don't have the Eventbrite quite ready yet, but you'll be able to find it in the Workshops & Events box at https://library.ucr.edu/ early in Spring quarter.)
Feel free to forward this invitation to anyone you know who may be interested.

Please consider joining us!

Best,

-Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian