[Geospatial] Notes from the Geospatial/GIS meetup, June 13

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Wed Jun 14 15:02:49 PDT 2023

Hello all,

Attached please find the notes from the June 13 Geospatial/GIS meetup. The announcements include information about the sunsetting of ArcMap - if this impacts you, be sure to take a look!

This meeting was recorded; video is available here<https://ucr.zoom.us/rec/share/ZDoKbk-Wb8QcRunJzLLDHroSrK6iCDulLvRzhomUGZhAHPoOweHViloXHuAV-tyG.kkDa3eNnpA4S-a-z>. The passcode to view is   $4NTd9W$

Our thanks to Grecia Perez and Dr. Anthony Jerry from UCR's Anthropology Department, who presented on Hydroscapes and Geographies of Tension in Mexico's Costa Chica.

In addition to sharing this fascinating research, they also seek advice on making improvements to the related map they've created in ArcGIS Online, especially best practices for incorporating audio clips in pop-ups. Anyone who'd like to pass along suggestions are welcome to contact them at anthonyj at ucr.edu<mailto:anthonyj at ucr.edu> and gpere038 at ucr.edu<mailto:gpere038 at ucr.edu>.

My thanks also to all who attended, including those who joined us for the first time. We hope to see you again!

There won't be a Geospatial/GIS meetup in July. However, meetups for the summer will be held on Tuesday, August 1 and Thursday, September 21. The Eventbrite is not yet available, but watch the
"Workshops & Events" box at lower left on the library's homepage<https://library.ucr.edu/> for a link later on.

It has been a great year! Thanks to everyone who has attended or presented at a meetup. Feel free to reach out to me with suggestions regarding future meetups or other geospatial activities we could try.

Wishing you a very enjoyable summer,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D7A4CC.F0051EB0]