[Geospatial] Notes from Geospatial/GIS meetup, April 11

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Thu Apr 13 12:11:18 PDT 2023

Hello all,

Attached please find the notes from the April 11 Geospatial/GIS meetup.

This meeting was recorded; video is available  here<https://ucr.zoom.us/rec/share/3HaVwVANUpvZYpJrsbOAouXZ0tHp2NTHwlW1SnFiPaOfFUH3V9NUOoZmq8EYHnyJ.lrYXrGdv7M_Ro_Th>. The passcode to view is  BcR at i4!a

At the meetup I shared several online sources for maps and data; a few extras were shared by one of our attendees. If you ever need to search for GIS data or scanned maps, this information may be helpful.

Thanks to all the attendees, including those who joined us for the first time. We hope to see you again!

In addition to the notes, I've attached the flyer for the CalURISA Mappy Hour being held at the Riverside Food Lab on the evening of April 20. Hopefully many geospatial folks from across the Inland Empire will attend.

I also wanted to pass this along: yesterday a member of our geospatial community sent me this link<https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/151174/return-of-tulare-lake> that shows the return of Tulare Lake<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulare_Lake> in central California. Keeping our eye on the historic result of our wet, snowy winter!

Our next meetup for Spring quarter will be on Tuesday, May 9.

Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D96DFD.26666AE0]