[Geospatial] Notes from Geospatial/GIS meetup, September 15

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Mon Sep 19 08:55:59 PDT 2022

Hello all,

Attached please find the notes from the September 15 Geospatial/GIS meetup.

This meeting was recorded; video is available here<https://ucr.zoom.us/rec/share/UkA0_N6AH2aexYGKGbiJCiC-iPW1U17GDID2a405hRSNYs7Kwx0whCRKrSZ6vN46.rLtVRPS0e3kXkUbb?startTime=1663268423000>. The passcode to view is  7F=P7hUh

Thanks to our presenter, Gerald Winkel of the American Red Cross.  Gerald demonstrated the MapSwipe<https://mapswipe.org/en/index.html> app, which allows volunteers to improve the accuracy of mapped data used by the Red Cross and other humanitarian organizations. (I've downloaded MapSwipe and tried it out - it is pretty cool!)

Thanks also to our first-time attendees - we hope to see you again!

Our first meetup of Fall Quarter 2022 will be on Thursday, October 13. We will be meeting in person as well as on Zoom. Watch the Workshops & Events corner of the library's home page<https://library.ucr.edu/> for the link to the Eventbrite (which is not quite ready yet).

Wishing all UCR Highlanders a great start to the academic year!

Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D8CA8F.F392D510]