[Geospatial] Geospatial/GIS meetup

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Thu Mar 31 09:05:46 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,

Our first Geospatial/GIS meetup of Spring 2022 will be held on Thursday, April 14, from 12:00 - 12:50 pm.

This month's presentation will be of particular interest to anyone involved in field data collection.

Cesar Zayas is a Mapping & GeoSpatial Representative with California Survey and Drafting Supply. Cesar will be presenting on Trimble GIS Solutions [Hardware and Software] + LiDAR Acquisition with GeoSLAM.

This presentation will focus on the Hardware and Software solutions Trimble offers to make GIS data collection easy and seamless with your already existing systems.

GeoSLAM, on the other hand, offers users the ability to capture 3D data in a fast and easy to use handheld system. GeoSLAM also offers the capability to GeoLocate its 3D point clouds in ESRI, CAD, and other software.

Cesar has a certificate in GIS from Mesa College in San Diego along with his Part 107 UAS License. Outside of mapping and drone work, he loves to golf, shoot 35mm film, and visit US National Parks (with a goal is to visit them all).

We'll also have time for announcements, discussion, and sharing map-related products you've created or that caught your eye.
Respond "yes" or "tentative" to this calendar invitation to receive the Zoom meeting information from me shortly before the meetup. (Another option: register through Eventbrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/geospatialgis-meetups-tickets-300286654467> to receive an Eventbrite email with the Zoom information.)
This session will be recorded.
Feel free to forward this invitation.  Hope to see you there!

-Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian