[Geospatial] UC GIS Week 2022 Sub-Committee Members Needed

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Fri Jul 8 13:26:35 PDT 2022

Hi all,

Sharing the following on behalf of Danielle Kane, UC GIS Week 2022 Chair.

Last year we had a total of five (5) UCR affiliates helping out behind-the-scenes at UC GIS Week. Please consider helping out this year!

Feel free to forward this message to anyone who may be interested.

^^^

Dear UC GIS Professional / Student:

The UC GIS Leadership Committee is proud to begin planning for the 3rd annual UC GIS Week which will be held during the week of November 14, 2022 (day(s) / time(s) TBD). The UC GIS Week Organizing Committee has several sub-committee spots available, and we would appreciate the assistance and input of others in the UC GIS community. Please join us in making the 2022 virtual conference an amazing one!

Sub-Committees Available:

  *   Logistics: Manages logistical components to UC GIS Week, such as platform, schedule structure, etc.
  *   Marketing: Markets the conference on multiple platforms, including but not limited to email, Twitter, Slack, etc.
  *   Programming: Solicits presentation proposals and accepts/schedules presentations

Reasons to Join:

  *   Attended one of our previous virtual conferences? Help determine the direction and type of presentations for the 2022 conference.
  *   New to GIS? Practice your communication, teamwork, and organization skills. Plus have something to add to your resume.
  *   We are a fun group and will include you in back stories such as the 2020 cow. Mooo!

Please sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18TNvZFTrCJ980FK6vUHfXcfdD1BMqdjLewwMawc-cqk/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any question, please contact me at kaned at uci.edu<mailto:kaned at uci.edu>.

Best,
Danielle Kane
UC GIS Week 2022 Chair

^^^

Thank you,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D7A4CC.F0051EB0]