[Geospatial] REMINDER: Geospatial/GIS meetup tomorrow, February 10

Janet Reyes janet.reyes at ucr.edu
Wed Feb 9 09:47:39 PST 2022

Hello everyone,
Our next Geospatial/GIS meetup is tomorrow, Thursday, February 10 from 12:00 - 12:50 pm PST.
Sahar Foruzan, Preeti Juturu, and Isabelle Swanson from UCR's Center for Health Disparities Research<https://healthdisparities.ucr.edu/> will discuss StoryMaps for Research Dissemination & Community Engagement.

This presentation seeks to highlight how GIS technologies such as ArcGIS StoryMaps and ArcGIS Online assist in knowledge dissemination, storytelling, and furthering community-based participatory research (CBPR). Drawing from the Exposing the Desert StoryMap series<https://storymaps.arcgis.com/collections/a3d2769efc624baa9c52781cc3d9e980>, student researchers at the UCR Center for Health Disparities Research's Community Engagement and Dissemination Core discuss their project on environmental justice, health disparities and research on the Salton Sea region and how they are able to leverage various spatial and non-spatial technologies to call attention to socio-environmental issues and support communities in the region.

We'll also have time for announcements, discussion, and sharing map-related products you've created or that caught your eye.
This meeting will be recorded.
We are experimenting with keeping the same Zoom information for all three meetups this quarter:

Join Zoom Meeting
https://ucr.zoom.us/j/99549958052?pwd=T1p0VkQrL1gwNVNlSlg0ZDRXLzNYdz09
Meeting ID: 995 4995 8052
Passcode: 584120

NOTE: In January I received a calendar acceptance from "Lab appt," but I don't have an email address with which to share the Zoom info. If you are affiliated with "Lab appt" please forward this email to the appropriate people.

I hope you can join us!

Best,

Janet Reyes
Geospatial Information Librarian
UCR Library | University of California, Riverside
P.O. Box 5900 | Orbach Library, Room 128
Riverside, CA 92517-5900
Office: 951.827.6421 | Fax: 951.827.2255 | janet.reyes at ucr.edu<mailto:janet.reyes at ucr.edu>

Web<https://library.ucr.edu/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ucrlibrary> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ucrlibrary> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ucrlibrary/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/ucrlibraries>
[cid:image001.png at 01D81D8E.ADE49570]